Lamb chops are an all-time favourite. Roasted, marinated, pan-fried, bread crumbed – you name it – I like them all. Though I love having them with mustard, it’s nice to try variations. And when I have limited vegetables in stock, I become too lazy to go grocery shopping and instead, try and salvage something delicious with whatever I find. This is such a story.
Lamb Chop with Veggies
1 lamb chop
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 small carrot (chopped)
1 tbs tomato paste/sauce
1 tbs English mustard
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chilly flakes
2 tbs oil
Salt to taste
– Heat the oil in a pan and once hot, sear the lamb chop till golden brown. About 2-3 minutes a side will suffice.
– Wrap the chop in foil. Keep aside.
– In the same pan which has the juices, add the chopped garlic and chilly flakes.
– Add the chopped onion and carrot and cook till softened.
– Add the oregano, mustard and tomato paste. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Season well. Add the juices from the foil in which the chop is kept.
– Plate everything and serve hot!